How to use GtkRadiant with Quake or Tenebrae 1.x
The .wad files Base, Medieval, Metal and Wizard are the default textures used in Quake. They correspond to e1, e2, e3 and e4 episode based maps. The start map of Quake uses the Start textures. GtkRadiant does not read .wad files so we need to extract the textures to a format that GtkRadiant does like. Lets being.
- Install TexMex to d:\quake\utils\TexMex
- Unzip base.zip, medieval.zip, metal.zip, wizard.zip and start.zip to d:\quake\id1
- Start TexMex and open d:\quake\id1\base.wad
- Select the first texture and press CTRL+A (to select all of the textures)
- Right Mouse Click in the texture window and select Export -> JPG from the context menu.
- Navigate to your d:\quake\id1\textures\q1_base folder and hit OK
- Do the same for the remaining .wad files (medieval.wad to q1_medieval, metal.wad to q1_metal, etc.)