How to use GtkRadiant with Quake or Tenebrae 1.x
OK, now what?
The intention of this how-to was to get you to the point where you can start to map for Quake with GtkRadiant. Making something with GtkRadiant is well covered by the q3radiant manual. Google is also a great friend. The absolute basics are:
- Click and Drag to make a brush
- Press ESC to deselect a new or selected brush
- SHIFT+Click to select a brush
- CTRL+TAB will cycle through the X, Y and Z windows
- Right Mouse Click for the entity placement context menu.
- With a brush selected, press the spacebar to duplicate the brush
- Important: Select any brush that is not an entity, Press N (entity information) and add the wad path information to the worldspawn. If you do not add the wad path your levels will either have a checkerboard effect (standard Quake) or no textures other than a sky (Tenebrae/industri)
- Save it to d:\quake\id1\maps
- Start a dos window
- Type d:
- Type cd quake\id1\utils
- Type compile.bat mapname (do not include the .map)